Australian pricing and specification for the highly anticipated Mercedes-Benz X-Class has now been announced.
The X-Class pushes the boundaries of the classic ute. It complements the prized strengths of a mid-size ute with the typical Mercedes-Benz characteristics of driving dynamics, comfort, design, safety and an extensive scope for individualisation. The X-Class will initially be launched in April 2018 with thirteen variants boasting two turbocharged four-cylinder engines, delivering high power outputs and high torque at low engine speeds.
A high-torque V6 diesel engine will be released from mid-2018, ensuring even greater agility on- and off-road. It will generate a class leading 190 kW and 550 Nm of torque and it has already proven its credentials in numerous Mercedes-Benz passenger car models – from the G-Class to the latest E-Class. Pricing will be announced closer to the release date.
|2.3l Diesel||3.0l Diesel|
|Cylinders||In-line 4 cylinder||V6|
|Designation||X 220 d||X 250 d||X 350 d|
|Transmission||6-speed manual||6-speed manual
|Drive type||Rear wheel drive or engageable AWD||Engageable AWD||Permanent AWD|
- Driving enjoyment on a par with passenger cars: The wide track, long wheelbase and comfortable spring and damping tuning typical of a Mercedes open up a new world of driving enjoyment and driving dynamics on the road – without resulting in compromises when off-road. A special feature in this segment: coil springs are used both at the front and the rear, which contributes to a harmonious suspension comfort. The suspension is designed in such a way that it achieves a high level of driving dynamics and ride comfort on the road, while also delivering maximum off-road capability in conjunction with 4MATIC all-wheel drive. The suspension consists of a double wishbone front axle and a rear multi-link solid axle that is ideal for transporting heavy loads and has ideal articulation capability. This combination ensures that the suspension is comfortable and the handling is safe given any permitted load condition.
- Star safety: Like all Mercedes-Benz vehicles, the X-Class stands out for its exemplary level of safety. The X-Class comes with a comprehensive array of comfort and safety equipment that is exceptional in this vehicle segment. The X-Class’s high level of occupant protection results from its especially solid body with a high-strength passenger cabin cell and a front and rear structure that can absorb energy resulting from a collision through well-managed deformation. Furthermore, passive safety is provided thanks to standard equipment such as seven airbags and the i-Size attachment system for two child seats. The airbags in the front for driver and front passenger come with a two-stage, deferred triggering mechanism. For active safety, driver assistance systems are at the ready, simultaneously increasing safety and comfort: standard across the range is Active Brake Assist and Lane Keeping Assist. Also as standard, the X-Class POWER comes with a 360-degree camera and the PURE and PROGRESSIVE are equipped with a reversing camera. As an optional upgrade the 360-degree camera is also available on the PROGRESSIVE line.
- All-wheel drive for any surface: The engageable 4MATIC all-wheel drive with low-range gearing and standard differential lock on the rear axle masters any terrain. With a ground clearance of 222 millimetres and high approach and departure angles, the X-Class has the necessary foundation to easily adapt to off-road environments. From the middle of next year a permanent all-wheel drive will be available with the V6. All the all-wheel drive models come with Downhill Speed Regulation (DSR) on board as standard.
- Brand characteristic SUV design: With the centrally positioned star, twin-louvre radiator grille, powerfully honed bonnet and headlamps extending far into the wings, the X-Class seamlessly fits in to the Mercedes-Benz portfolio.
- Premium effect on a new level: Three trim parts for the cockpit, six seat covers including two leather variants with contrasting topstitching, and two colours for the roof lining provide the widest choice of materials and colours in this vehicle segment.
- Robust character with a dynamic look: The X-Class's design draws attention to the basic virtues of a ute – robustness, strength and off-road capability – in an emotionally appealing way. Even the dimensions themselves exude effortless superiority with a length of 5340 millimetres, a width of 1920 millimetres (excluding the outside mirrors) and a height of 1819 millimetres. The width between the wheel arches allows the stacking of an Australian size pallet. Both physically imposing and hardworking, the X-Class can haul a payload of up to 1.1 tonnes. Able to tow up to 3.5 tonnes, it can pull a trailer containing three horses or an eight-metre yacht.
- Individualisation on account of a diverse range of Mercedes-Benz accessories: As from its market launch, customers can add a styling bar, side bar, canopy, various covers as well as numerous cargo and off-road solutions – all developed and designed by Mercedes.
|PURE||Cab Chas||X 220 d||RWD||6-spd manual||$45,450|
|PURE||Load Bed||X 220 d||RWD||6-spd manual||$46,400|
|PURE||Load Bed||X 220 d||4MATIC||6-spd manual||$50,400|
|PURE||Cab Chas||X 250 d||4MATIC||6-spd manual||$51,450|
|PURE||Cab Chas||X 250 d||4MATIC||7-spd auto||$54,350|
|PURE||Load Bed||X 250 d||4MATIC||6-spd manual||$52,400|
|PURE||Load Bed||X 250 d||4MATIC||7-spd auto||$55,300|
|PROGRESSIVE||Cab Chas||X 250 d||4MATIC||6-spd manual||$53,950|
|PROGRESSIVE||Cab Chas||X 250 d||4MATIC||7-spd auto||$56,850|
|PROGRESSIVE||Load Bed||X 250 d||4MATIC||6-spd manual||$54,900|
|PROGRESSIVE||Load Bed||X 250 d||4MATIC||7-spd auto||$57,800|
|POWER||Load Bed||X 250 d||4MATIC||6-spd manual||$61,600|
|POWER||Load Bed||X 250 d||4MATIC||7-spd auto||$64,500|