The last thing any family wants to do ahead of their annual road trip this summer is worry about the safety of their car. Well, with the new Holden Equinox, families don’t have to and can focus on the important things in life – road trip snacks; BBQ or Pizza flavoured Shapes anybody?
It’s all because Holden’s newest SUV, Equinox, has bagged itself a five-star ANCAP safety rating – the maximum available – following multiple local crash tests performed recently.
“Safety is Holden’s number one priority, especially for family vehicles like Equinox. I’m a parent of three and I know the peace of mind a five-star rating, and a car packed with safety features, can bring,” said Holden’s Vehicle Safety Manager, Lindsay Mitchell. “Equinox packs a huge amount of high-tech user-friendly safety features that are designed to be used frequently and intuitively without being confusing or overwhelming.
“I personally love Equinox’s Safety Alert Seats* that give the driver a small vibration on the side of the seat a hazard is present. It works really well, especially when you’ve got the kids in the back screaming over the car’s beeps!”
The key to Equinox’s impressive safety credentials is its combination of active and passive safety features, designed to prevent accidents and protect occupants during accidents respectively. On the active safety front, the intelligent Holden Eye* forward facing camera provides Equinox with Auto Emergency Braking, Lane Keep Assist and Forward Collision Alert amongst other features. Equinox also boasts automatic headlights and automatic high-beam dipping to avoid dazzling other drivers.
Passive safety includes six airbags and two ISOFIX child seat attachment points.
To check out the new Holden Equinox’s safety features, customers are encouraged to visit their local Holden dealer with those that buy this year receiving an industry leading seven-year warranty and capped price servicing.
Safe to say, now is a great time to get into an Equinox.
MY18 Equinox Safety Feature Highlights
- 6 airbags
- Rear view camera and rear park assist
- ISOFIX child seat anchorage system (x2)
- Automatic headlamps with LED DRLs
- Holden Eye forward facing camera system (LS+ and above)
- -Autonomous Emergency Braking
- -Lane Keep Assist
- -Lane Departure Warning
- -Following Distance Indicator
- -Forward Collision Alert with Head-Up Warning
- Side Blind Zone Alert (LS+ and above)
- Safety Alert driver’s seat (LS+ and above)
- Rear cross traffic alert (LS+ and above)
- Automatic high beam assist (LS+ and above)
- Front parking sensors (LT and above)
- Advanced park assist (automatic perpendicular and parallel parking) (LTZ and above)
*LS+, LT, LTZ and LTZ-V