Subaru’s special edition All-Wheel Drive Forester tS is getting a hot reception ahead of its official appearance in dealerships in June. Teased late last year, the ultimate version of Subaru’s sporty turbocharged SUV has generated huge interest with scores of customers making deposits – despite the fact Forester tS is only now starting to trickle onto showroom floors.
Subaru Australia Managing Director, Nick Senior, said: “Forester tS is a graphic demonstration of Subaru’s innovation, uniqueness and inspiration.
“Arguably it is the only true sports SUV under $80,000. And with its rarity and Subaru’s renowned retained value, it is bound to be one of the first collectible SUVs.” He added: “When we flagged Forester tS late last year, the customer enquiries went through the roof and the end result is we’re already wishing we’d ordered more than 300. It’s clear proof of the success of this clever joint development between the Subaru factory and the performance arm, Subaru Tecnica International (STI).
“While the cars were built in the Subaru factory, they were transferred to STI for final completion and the addition of around 30 items. It certainly gives us great confidence in progressing other joint projects between the factory and STI.”
Forester tS offers $12,000 of extra features for an increment of just $7,000 over the Manufacturer’s List Price (MLP)* of the Forester XT Premium, on which it is based (Forester tS does not have a sunroof), adding:
- Black front grille with STI badge
- Brembo 4pot front brakes
- Brembo 2pot rear brakes
- Cherry Red stripe on front grille and rear bumper
- Crystal Black Silica door mirror covers
- Crystal Black Silica roof spoiler
- Rear subframe bushings
- STI and tS rear badges
- STI Enkei 19-inch alloy wheels 19x7.5J
- STI flexible draw stiffeners front and rear
- STI flexible tower bar - front
- STI front spoiler
- STI front stabiliser bushings
- STI rear subframe support
- STI tuned coil springs - Cherry Red - 15mm lower
- STI tuned dampers (front inverted)
- Black roof liner and trimmings
- Centre console lid with red stitching
- Combination instrument gauge with STI logo
- CVT gear knob with STI logo
- Door trims with suede, red stitch and black grip
- Leather and suede trim seats with red accents; red stitch - front with black STI embroidery
- Leather trim steering wheel with STI logo
- Multi-Function Display visor with cover and black stitch
- Heater control panel with red coloured rings
- STI red push button start
Forester tS has the choice of three exterior colours: Crystal White Pearl, Crystal Black Silica or WR Blue, each with black interior trim.
Forester tS has an MLP of $54,990.
*Price is Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited’s Manufacturer’s List Price only and includes GST on the list price but excludes dealer delivery charges and all other government and statutory charges. For the drive away price of Subaru vehicles consumers should be advised to contact their local authorized Subaru dealer.